what is a virtual private server and when to choose it?
- All item under GPL License You Can Use this item Unlimited Domain and Website
- 100% Free From Virus All item scanned in Virus Total
- All item is exactly the same release by the author but we don't provide any additional services like support and license keys
- We Purchase And Download From Original Authors.
- All WordPress Themes and Plugins 100% Original, We're Not Uploading Nulled Or Crack Version.
what is a virtual private server
A “virtual private server” or VPS, a virtual private server, is a shared hosting type with dedicated features such as root access and dedicated IP addresses.
To create a virtual server, you partition virtually a physical machine so that each fragment or “partition” work almost independently of the other partitions (accounts) that share it.
Thus, each VPS server works with its own operating system and can be rebooted separately, allowing it to offer more flexibility and a higher degree of performance, disk space and bandwidth than a shared web hosting, but without having to hire everything A dedicated hosting.
Most of the time, a server runs below its maximum capacity, which implies that its computing power, space and memory, as well as the energy needed to keep it running, are wasted. However, thanks to virtualization, a single, more powerful machine can host multiple servers so that they can take full advantage of all resources and reduce the price not only of space but also of energy consumption.
In addition, this technology distributes the resources of the machine equitably and reserves some capacity to each server, but can even offer more resources of the contracted during peaks of load (as long as they are available on the physical server, which from a point of Statistical view is usually the most common).
When to choose a virtual private server
While it is true that a dedicated server or a cloud offer higher performance than a VPS, unless your website needs a very high power or large loads during the continuous time, the most advantageous option in most cases where a hosting Shared is small is a virtual private server.
Private virtual servers are especially useful for individuals, professionals and companies with web projects that need – either because they have a lot of traffic or because they want to use complex applications – more bandwidth, performance and flexibility than a shared hosting, but without requiring all The resources of a cloud server or a dedicated server.
Although certain server administration skills are required to manage a virtual server, the advantages are manifold:
- Control over the server. Although several accounts share a physical machine, VPS servers are effectively isolated so that the respective users have almost complete control over their space, which can usually be configured and reduplicated in a few minutes through its own control panel.
- Stability and performance. In a shared hosting, all accounts are distributed resources, so, if one accounts for or has a problem, it can affect the performance of others. Instead, on a VPS server, each account has allocated resources that operate independently, which isolates it from the problems of others, without having to hire a dedicated, much higher priced server.
- Effectiveness. As the identical programs (Apache, MySQL …) are only loaded once, it takes up less basic memory. On the other hand, as fewer machines are turned on, electricity consumption to keep servers operational and refrigerated is lower, contributing to reducing the carbon footprint in the atmosphere.
Before choosing a VPS, it is worth considering which applications are going to be installed and what use the server will have in the near future. This will allow you to choose the most appropriate plan. At Interserver, you can hire a VPS or VPS cloud server with flexible, reliable and scalable configuration with Dell hardware and Cisco network technology, which guarantees you a high availability service with unbeatable performance and a low failure rate from just $6 and if you have doubts, you can always contact our specialists.